Here at FROR, we have been looking into better braking options for the Tacoma SAS, 4Runner SAS, and the OE Straight axle truck folks. Our goal was to offer a brake system with replacement parts that are readily available, easy to source, and with no specialty machining necessary on wear items. The Big Brake Mounting Kit is the result of our research and development.
If you’ve EVER gotten into a Toyota front axle, you'll love the ease of this teardown! Simply remove the 2 calipers bolts, and SLIP the rotor off!
- The difference in brake fittings (see pics). 95-04 Tacoma calipers have a banjo, and 96-02 4runners have 10mm inverted flare. We sell the brake lines to connect straight to the caliper as well.
- Knuckles must be swapped side to side, positioning the factory caliper mounting ears facing forward.
- Must use 86-95 IFS wheel hubs, and these must have the OD of the wheel mounting flange turned down we offer those NEW here: https://frontrangeoffroadfab.com/ifs-wheel-hub-new/
- Utilizes Tacoma or 4runner, fj cruiser, GX470, Tundra (6 lug)rotors (stock)
- Tacoma or 4runner, fj cruiser, GX470, Tundra (stock)
- '86-'95 IFS wheel hubs (these must have the OD turned down)
- Accepts solid axle locking hubs or flanges
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have put these brake mounting brackets on several trucks. They are great.
Had these on the full Taco outer kit I bought for my 95 so I knew right where to go for my current build. Great product and super easy to install.
Excellent product. Doing a solid axle swap on my FJ this allows me to use my FJ cruiser brakes .