BOOTS BACK IN STOCK!
The Twin-Stick allows the use of two-wheel drive low range, and a true neutral. As well as the ability to shift-on-the-fly, while in low range, from 2wd to 4wd and back easily, this is especially useful with a locker in the front axle, and allows for a tighter turning radius. With the factory shifter configuration, neutral only disengages the transfer case from the transmission. This actually has the front and rear drivelines locked together, which is not a great setup for towing either. For the ideal towing setup, check out our Full-Floater Conversion Kit.
The two-wheel drive low range is great for people with a front locker. As those of you setup with a front locker know, the locker keeps pulling you straight when you are trying to turn. With the Twin-Stick, just moving the 2/4 lever into two wheel drive disengages the front axle, and the locker is no longer pulling you straight. This makes tight turns much easier, while allowing the slow speed control of low range. By having 2wd low, the front axle is relieved from undue stress, and four wheel drive can be re-engaged, even while moving, by just throwing one lever.
The Twin-Stick is now available for Tacomas and 3.0L manual transfer cases!
With or without floor boot.
- A completely sealed Twin-Stick assembly
- This shifter does not use old, worn stock parts. This is a completely new unit.
- Levers are 1/2" mild steel to allow bending to get the knobs in the perfect spot
- Tips are heat treated tool steel for lifetime lasting performance
Q: What’s involved in the modification to the transfer case?
A: You must drain and remove the transfer case from the vehicle. Once removed, the modification takes at most 45 minutes. You must remove the Interlock Pin. This pin keeps the 2 shift rails from sliding independently and engaging two-wheel drive, low range. It requires only a couple wrenches, hammer, and a small punch.
Q: Can I use the Twin-stick with a dual case setup?
A: Yes, it just installs in the rear case.
Q: Does the Twin-Stick allow front wheel drive only?
A: No, for front only, a rear disconnect is required.
TACOMA case modification:
l. Remove the shifter, speedometer wire, and unplug other indicator wires from
case. Remove the case from the vehicle, after draining.
2. Remove the 30mm rear output nut.
3. Remove the 5 bolts from the tail housing.
4. Remove the snap ring on the rear bearing. And take out the 12, 8mm bolts holding
the case halves together
5. Remove the 2 detent plugs (6mm hex), springs and balls from the top side of the case.
6. Carefully pull out the left side shift rail. Grind the tip of the lever,
approximately l/8’’cube that overiaps也re right side shift rail.
7. Reinstall lever after grinding.
8. Assemble case, leaving out the Interlock pin. This 1Omm pin rides between
the detents and may still be in the rear case.
GEAR DRIVE Case Modification
1. Shift into 4HI.
2. Remove stock shifter, and t-case from vehicle.
3. Remove steel cover, or shifter base from top of t-case.
4. Carefully drive out the roll pin in the left side shift rail. Be careful not to drop
this pin into the case. Grabbing the pin with needle nose locking pliers can
5. Remove the detent plug, spring, and ball from the left side of the case with a
6mm hex wrench.
6. Slide the left rail forward, until you can see then end of it through the top of
7. Tip the case to the left side, and wait until the Interlock Pin falls out the detent
8. Assemble the case in the reverse order.
9. Install the t-case into the vehicle.
17 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The best twin sticks on the market today, insane quality and great price!
Great design and build. I had previously bought a TG twin stick and it failed the first time out. Front Range's design is much better. Buy quality and spend your money once. Lesson learned.
First impression,...high quality and craftsmanship. Smooth operation and nice looking. Only potential improvements would be to add instructions (YouTube Video?) and plastic shift knobs. One of the supplied rubber knob came off the knob's base really easy but I don't plan to use the supplied knobs so it doesn't matter much.
Looks great on my rear transfer case. 2wd low range is a must.
Awesome price point, Really nice machining, should be number one choice for twinsticking a toyota case.
I was swapping an FJ cruiser transfer case into my 4th gen 4 runner and decided to upgrade to a twin stick setup. Shipping and customer support was awesome, the product itself is nicely made and worked great for my application.
Best twin stick out there, you can easily modify/bend one of the levers to make it fit on a top shift single case truck if you want. Great mod to do if you have a non selectable front locker and want to run 2wd low range to make it easier to steer.
Was looking at all the options for twin sticks and this one stands out. Way better than the trail mart option. Fast shipping and excellent price
I've got to say it was a toss up for me on which twin stick to go with. Now I'm more than stoked that I went with the Front Range setup. Not only was it more affordable, but the over all build quality is top notch. I'd take this over the trail gear unit any day.